16 de fevereiro de 2015

[Maratona Oscar/Music Monday] I'm Not Gonna Miss You / Lost Stars

Por essa ser a última segunda feira antes da premiação dos Oscar vou falar das duas músicas que faltaram dos indicados de Melhor Canção Original e são "I'm Not Gonna Miss You", de Glen Campbell e Julian Raymond, e "Lost Stars",  de Gregg Alexander e Danielle Brisebois. 

A música "I'm Not Gonna Miss You" é uma balada romântica lenta e tranquila com uma batida já conhecida. 







I'm Not Gonna Miss You 

I'm still here, but yet I'm gone
I don't play guitar or sing my songs
They never defined who I am
The man that loves you 'til the end

You're the last person I will love
You're the last face I will recall
And best of all, I'm not gonna miss you
Not gonna miss you

I'm never gonna hold you like I did
Or say I love you to the kids
You're never gonna see it in my eyes
It's not gonna hurt me when you cry

I'm never gonna know what you go through
All the things I say or do
All the hurt and all the pain
One thing selfishly remains

I'm not gonna miss you
I'm not gonna miss you




A segunda música do post de hoje é Lost Stars, que é interpretada por Adam Levine e talvez a mais conhecida da lista, outra balada com um bom ritmo e gostosa de ouvir. 




Lost Stars

Please, don't see
Just a boy caught up in dreams and fantasy
Please, see me
Reaching out for someone I can't see

Take my hand,
Let's see where we wake up tomorrow
Best laid plans
Sometimes are just a one night stand
I'll be damned
Cupid's demanding back his arrow
So let's get drunk on our tears

And, God, tell us the reason
Youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars
Trying to light up the dark?

Who are we?
Just a speck of dust within the galaxy
Woe is me
If we're not careful turns into reality

Don't you dare let our best memories bring you sorrow
Yesterday I saw a lion kiss a deer
Turn the page
Maybe we'll find a brand new ending
Where we're dancing in our tears

And, God, tell us the reason
Youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
We're searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars
Trying to light up the dark?

I thought I saw you out there crying
I thought I heard you call my name
I thought I heard you out there crying
Just the same

God, tell us the reason
Youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and this lamb is on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars
Trying to light up the dark?

I thought I saw you out there crying
I thought I heard you call my name
I thought I heard you out there crying
But are we all lost stars
Trying to light up the dark?

But are we all lost stars
Trying to light up the dark?


0 comentários:

Postar um comentário